Our Roundtable Guest:
Dr. Jesse Wilson is an Assistant Professor at Western University in Ontario, Canada. She has extensive experience in supporting youth with autism and The Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) approach to therapeutic intervention. Jessie also brings a Canadian perspective on the current COVID-19 situation.
As occupational therapists, we are innately adaptable, but these are especially unpredictable times, there is no question.
Our occupations, both on a personal and professional level, are being impacted on a global scale.
We have invited Dr. Jessie Wilson, an Assistant Professor at Western University in Ontario Canada to discuss this complex issue with us. Listen as we dive into how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted each of us from a professional standpoint, the lives of our patients, as well as students, and OT practitioners in all areas of practice.
As occupational therapy practitioners, we know the importance of community; so please reach out and let us know how you are navigating this challenging time. We here at the OT RoundTable want to support you and band together as an OT community. Regardless of where you are in the world, we are in this together! Be well, friends!
- Discussion Points
- Update from our current locations and practice areas
- Confusion and perception of information
- Disruption of routines and roles
- Judging and shaming
- Individual versus social health
- Building community
- Exploring new occupations
- Implications for OT practice areas
- OTs role in access and education of technology
- Challenges and barriers of telehealth
- Blended learning opportunities
- Considerations for students, professors, and universities
- Implementing mindfulness
- Kids perspectives during this time
- Changing landscape of screentime
- The Kindness Pandemic FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/515507852491119
- Russ Harris eBook- FACE COVID: https://www.baps.org.uk/content/uploads/2020/03/FACE-COVID-by-Russ-Harris-pdf-pdf.pdf
- OTA eBook- Normal Life Has Been Disrupted: https://otaus.com.au/publicassets/af469002-6f6a-ea11-9404-005056be13b5/OT%20Guide%20COVID-19%20March%202020.pdf